Seattle Employment Law Attorneys
You may have faced a situation at your workplace that made you feel uncomfortable or unsafe. You may have been victimized, discriminated against, or faced inappropriate behavior from a coworker or supervisor. You may have encountered a situation where your boss made you feel uncomfortable and thought you had to continue to suffer shame and embarrassment because of limited job opportunities. If you have been treated unfairly, or wrongfully lost your job, help and resources are available. Premier Law Group is here to give you answers to your questions as you fight for your right to fair treatment from your employer.
Types of Employment Cases
There are several areas of the law that protect worker’s rights. Knowing what these are can make all the difference in winning your fight for justice. See the linked categories below for details regarding each type of employment case.
- Wrongful Termination – If you’ve been terminated as a result of discrimination based on your ethnicity, age, gender, religion, or sexual harassment then you have an opportunity to regain your job status and lost wages.
- Wage and Hour Disputes – If you are aware of the inequitable pay rate you’ve been receiving since you started your job or transferred to another position, you can obtain legal help to recover compensation that may be owed to you. Compensation areas can include hourly rates, overtime, and training time.
- Retaliation – If you were harassed, terminated, or encountered a negative action from your employer which can be proven, an employment issue attorney can work with you to fight your case.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Claims – If you’ve been denied approval of a FMLA request and your situation falls under the legal categories which permit time off work, you have a right to insist fair treatment and protection of your job while off work.
- Sexual Harassment – Experiencing sexual harassment is never acceptable and should not be tolerated especially while on your job. If you believe you have a sexual harassment case, an employment attorney can help protect your rights as a worker. Particularly against sexual advances including rape and assault, exposure to sexual images, and inappropriate verbal and nonverbal communication.
- Coercive Sexual Conduct – This category also covers inappropriate sexual behavior. However, victims are forced into compromising situations which cause fear regarding their job security. This type of behavior can cause prolonged stress especially when not dealt with after the first occurrence. Nevertheless, legal help is available to put an end to such behavior.
- Severance Agreement and Packages – Before you sign an employers’ severance agreement, be sure an employment attorney reviews the documents to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
- Employment Contracts and Contract Review – Employment contracts can create transparency between employer and employee. But before you sign, be sure a knowledgeable attorney has read the fine print to ensure no employment dangers down the road.
- Disability Discrimination – Disability discrimination occcurs when an employer engages in verbal or physical activities that create a hostile environment. Disability discrimination can occur from a coworker, a supervisor, at work, at school, and in the public sector.
- Pregnancy Discrimination in the Workplace – The Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA) prohibits discrimination against an employee for pregnancy, childbirth, and similar medical conditions. If you feel you have been treated unfairly due to pregnancy, contact our employment lawyers to get the fair treatment you deserve.
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) – The ADA protects disabled persons rights to equal opportunity in the workplace, at buildings, and with public transportation. If you feel your rights have been violated, there is help!
Delays Can Damage Your Case
If you are considering taking action against an employer or former employer, time is critical. Statute of limitations laws narrowly define the amount of time from an incident that you have to commit to a course of action. The employment attorneys at Premier Law Group understand the stress and embarrassment that is associated with workplace harassment. You don’t have to continue to be a victim of your employer’s intimidating behavior. An employment attorney will work hard to uncover evidence that can support your workplace harassment claims. You shouldn’t take a chance of jeopardizing your job or rights as an employee. Premier Law Group has successfully represented clients with employment issue cases in Seattle, Bellevue, and all of Washington and can help you. If you would like to obtain legal services immediately, please feel free to contact us by phone, email, or submit the online request form today.
Real Client Testimonials
“Patrick did a wonderful job… he was knowledgeable about wage and employment law, explained his plan was and also the reasons behind his plan…. Patrick was always prompt about returning my calls and emails. He helped me achieve the results I was hoping for. I would recommend Patrick to anyone needing an attorney.” — Brian K., Sammamish, WA
“My employer refused to pay me my wages because they claimed that I stole some products. Even though I didn’t steal anything, my employer fired me and was going to keep my money to pay for the missing items. Patrick was also able to get my former boss to pay for his time so I didn’t have to pay him. I think anyone that needs a lawyer should contact Patrick. He knows what he is doing and he was very friendly and easy to talk to.” — Mari B., Federal Way, WA
“I am so thankful that Patrick agreed to take on my racial discrimination case against my former employer. I don’t know what my family and I would have done without his help. The general manager of my company made repeated racial comments about me to my co-workers. I filed a complaint with human resources. During Christmas, every other sales person received a bonus except me, even though I had good performance reviews and my sales were better than a lot of my co-workers. Before we filed the lawsuit Patrick explained the entire process and answered every question I had. He knew discrimination law and was very honest and upfront about these types of cases. He was returned my calls quickly. He kept me informed throughout the case. We reached a settlement to my satisfaction. I highly recommend Patrick to anyone looking for a discrimination lawyer.” — Dennis K., Bainbridge, WA